Monday, March 9, 2009

Goodbye


My friends, thank you very much for following this blog and sharing my experience with me. I hope it was a little interesting and inspiring. I am very much looking forward to seeing you all again in person soon. No more virtual relationships for a while. Take care! Stefan

Singapore to Macau 2009

Best country: Laos
Worst country: Vietnam

Best city: Luang Prabang, Laos
Worst city: Diem Bien Phu, Vietnam

Best hotel: The Chedi, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Worst hotel: Muong Thanh hotel, Diem Bien Phu, Vietnam

Best food: Dinner at the Oriental, Bangkok
Worst food: Dinner at the Shangri-La hotel, Beihai, China (stuffed sandworms!)

Most modern place: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Most rural place: The Laotian mountains

Worst moment: Flat tire in Laos after days of bad roads
Best moment: Right now, Hong Kong, looking out the window over the city from the 32nd floor, knowing I am coming home

Best driving tunes: Bob Marley
Worst driving tunes: Vietnamese radio 

Biggest surprise: Cellphones work even in the most remote areas in the world

5 weeks is very very long when you are far away from home.


 







No comments:

Post a Comment